Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Memory Lane

Memory Lane
My friend Chelsie has this posted on her blog. What a fun way to bring back fun memories that you have with friends and family. Hope you will play along!

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

5 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Too many to choose from. I remember when Bren was my supervisor at Taco Treat and she had to fire me because I was the last person hired. Not a fun experience for you B but I got called to work again a week later.

Jackie Jones said...

Ouch, Steph! There really are too many to choose from!

Okay, I remember when we got all ready for the new year's eve dance (I think it was) and then we couldn't go because we were snowed in. Then Reed dressed up and danced with us in our livingroom and then later "the guys" showed up. That was fun.

Jackie Jones said...

P.S. I'll do it too after I get a chance to catch up with the OH SO MANY pictures from the last couple of weeks!

Lynn said...

I remember you cooking a lot when you were home. The family will all remember when you were making cake and got your long--------- hair caught in the KitchenAid mixer. You had a HUGE welt on the back of your scalp, but because your hair was so thick (and such a big hunk got caught) it didn't pull out your hair.

In another cooking experience, my friends had come over to practice a song and when we came through the kitchen, you and Jackie were up to your elbows in doughnut dough, flour, etc. I think they were impressed that you took on such a big project for your age, but were glad they didn't have to stay and clean up the mess. That's okay, though, because we had a rule that when you cook, you clean up. I don't remember having to clean up.

One more cooking experience real quick. When you were a senior you made a trifle to take to school and got several marriage proposals from guys who enjoyed your culinary skills.

You're still a good cook, as I can testify from our summer trip to San Anton.

Love you,
Mom

Gertsch Family said...

Sorry for the late post.I have lots of fun memories with you from girls camp! I remember playing pranks on the leaders and switching their cabins around. I also remember you and I taking Amanda and Jackie snip hunting. i think we had them crying by the end of the night. WE had lots of fun together.