Thursday, May 29, 2008

Flood, paints, coolwhip, and birds

The other day I asked Kyla to go put her shoes in the garage. A couple seconds later Kyla yells I can't mom, there is a river in the garage! I go running out and sure enough, there is a river in our garage. I had put a load of laundry into our washer and left it, as usual. 3 1/2 hours later I find water poring down our driveway. Come to find out, a mouse (yuck! I hate mice) chewed a hole in our draining hose, our pressure hose, and the hose that fills up our washer. It was the pressure hose that caused the flood. It wouldn't stop filling up and kept over flowing. Now our washer was under warranty, but the warranty doesn't cover mice. So we are out of a washer for a week and a half. Andrew has really stepped up and reverted back to his missionary days. He has been washing laundry in out tub for us, and thankfully we have a great friend Janine who lets us use her washer. I never knew I had so much laundry.
Kyla is into painting these days and when ever she gets to pick out a toy, she usually picks out a paint set. She is getting good at staying in the lines.


Breven, my boy, found the cool whip tub, and as you can see....he enjoyed it.



And lastly we have a baby bird's nest above our front door. I thought it was really cute at first, and fun to see the birds building their nest. Now, however, it has baby birds in it and we get dive bombed every time we step out the front door. Also whenever we have visitors, Like i did today for lunch group, they also duck their heads till we open the door then come running in with a bird chasing them. Here are some picture of the little birds, Andrew was the brave one to risk the wrath of the birds to get the pictures

2 comments:

S&J Jones Family said...

Wow, Kyla looks so much like you, Brenda...though I already knew that. I love how long her hair is getting! Sorry about your washing machine! Can you just replace the hoses?

Steph Thomas said...

Go Andrew!!! Doing laundry in the bathtub. What a sport!!