Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Not so cool with school

Kyla has been loving school lately,
yet just this last friday she decided school was too dangerous for her. I can see why she says this, because in the last few months I have had about 8 calls from the nurses office. And notes home from the teacher reporting yet another bruise.

Twice she has been kicked in the head as she bent down to get a ball on the playground. One kid in her class bit her, a week or so later he stepped on her during nap time causing his knee to land on her wrist and his body to fall on her head as she was sitting up. Her head smashed into the floor and gave her a goose egg on her cheek bone. ( did I tell you he is overweight?) The same day ( this last Friday) she had been knocked down in the playground and already had a bruise on her cheek next to the goose egg. And the list could go on. She gets so many bumps and bruises from school.

She had come home that day with a black eye, a goose bump on her cheek, a bruise right next to it, and a sore wrist. Her teacher walks her up to me and says "I swear we don't beat your daughter, although she does look like she had been tortured " I LOVE her teacher she is really cool!

Hopefully spring break will give her a chance to recover.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Yikes! I didn't know that school could be so brutal. Hopefully she's doing better now.